[ubuntu-uk] trials of upgrading

norman norman at littletank.org
Mon Apr 28 19:48:51 BST 2008

I am well aware that this topic has been aired before but it would be
wonderful if it was unnecessary to do so. Why does it have to be that
whenever there is an upgrade something which worked before no longer
functions? For example, in my house there is a windows machine as well
as 2 Ubuntu machines and there is a printer which is attached to my
machine. The windows machine accesses the printer via a wireless
connection. No problems before upgrade, windows machine cannot connect
after upgrade.

Perhaps my set up is non-standard and I am expecting too much or am I?

Norman