[ubuntu-uk] [marketing] ubuntu web site and variants

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Apr 27 21:17:33 BST 2008

Perhaps I currently see the Ubuntu web site in a temporary state of
change, however, I am finding it very difficult to get to the rest of
the *ubuntu family.  The previous links to them from the ubuntu page
are  apparently missing.

At one stage recently I saw them listed in a page-top menu item under
Products, but no longer.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Does anyone know if this is temporary or not?

I do like having a strong brand for 'ubuntu', however, I distribute a
lot of CDs to the general public and a large proportion opt for
kubuntu initially. I believe that the *ubuntu variants are best seen
from a link or menu directly from the front page. If not, then the
many new users I see will get a negative brand experience not a
positive one, finding their new world experience is apparently

Any one know what the web site intention is?
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391