[ubuntu-uk] Python: easygui and the like

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Thu Apr 24 10:34:35 BST 2008

Hey guys and girls,

I'm interested in setting easygui up so that I can produce graphical
applications with Python. It seems to be the easiest/best method I've
found for producing the such but I can't work out how, exactly, to
install it. It says I have to place it in my PYTHONPATH.

I also took a quick look at Tkinter which, despite claiming it's
included in most Unix platforms, is not in any of the default Ubuntu
repositories. I might like to try that as well or instead.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these and which would
they suggest to a beginner in Python development (I have used Visual
Basic and PHP quite a lot before)? Furthermore can you advise how to
install them on Ubuntu?

Thanks for your time :)

Jai