[ubuntu-uk] {Spam?} Strange disk problem...

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 20:58:23 BST 2008

I've got a small Ubuntu file server which has developed a strange
problem with one of it's drives.

The OS runs on one drive, and there are two data drives, the first data
drive hdc, is now full.
However, I've deleted 20GB of stuff off it, but a df -h still says the
drive is full.
I've deleted all the .Trash dirs, forced an fsck on it, even run
smartmon tools on it, but I can't figure out what's happening,despite
much Googling...

It's running Dapper Server, with Samba, the drives are all Ext3, it's
been running fine for months...

Short of formatting the drive and starting again (which I don't really
want to do), what else is left?

Lee.