[ubuntu-uk] possible to install ubuntu like gentoo?

Johnathon Tinsley kirrus at kirrus.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 16:23:30 BST 2008

----- "Farran Lee" wrote:
> it also reckons I have no updates, but it's been at least two months since I last went on the net :/

Open a terminal, and run "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y"
That will check for updates, and upgrade them (without asking if you really want to upgrade them). I wouldn't reccomend you run this on a hardy box (I always check what is going to get updated...) but apart from that it should be fine.

Kind Regards,

Johnathon