[ubuntu-uk] Hardy Issues

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Thu Apr 17 11:38:50 BST 2008

Chris Smith wrote:
> Well I found another issue. With the "reduce backlight brightness"
> option ticked for battery power. If I remove the AC cord it dims, plug
> it back in again it gets brighter. If I keep repeating the 2 states get
> progressively less bright after doing this 4 times battery is set to use
> the minimum brightness and AC is only just above it. I can't find anyway
> of resetting the behaviour apart from restarting.

This bug needs reporting. Can you check whether it is one of these
existing bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/163678

If so, please comment there, and if required change the status from
"unknown" to "confirmed".

If not, please can you raise a new bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug

I'll see if this also affects my Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop when I get
home later, so please let me know the bug number you report.

--
Andrew Oakley