[ubuntu-uk] Citizens rejoice! Your Lord and Master stands on high, playing track 3.

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Sep 30 16:14:32 BST 2007

According to this:-

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-uk/+poll/ubuntu-uk-point-of-contact

Some people voted and by a nose I seem to have "won" the post of "Point
of Contact for the Ubuntu-UK LoCo Team".

Yay! (I think).

Firstly I'd like to thank Nik Butler for all his hard work herding sheep
over the last 18 months or so. I wish him all the best with his
endeavours outside Ubuntu-UK and of course as with anyone he's welcome
to continue contributing to the team where time permits.

Some things I'd like to say in brief.

* It was a close result so clearly there are people who relate to the
"pitch" that others gave. As such I would very much like to call on the
skills of those people who put forward suggestions to help develop and
deliver on those ideas.

* Not many people voted (44 out of a possible 260+). Possibly down to
the accelerated schedule we set up for the vote, voter apathy or maybe
something else. We need to look at whether that number is fair and
representative (maybe only 44 people actually 'contribute' to Ubuntu-UK,
maybe only 44 people saw the mail) and if it isn't, look at ways to
improve that.

Further mails to follow.

Many thanks
Al.