[ubuntu-uk] Software verses Hardware raid (was RE:Anyone evertried kolab on feisty)

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Fri Sep 28 15:40:16 BST 2007

Alan Pope wrote:
>> The conclusion they came up with was that for 99.9% of scenarios hardware
>>

> 99.9% of scenarios that don't match what 99.9% of people here will
> see :)

Indeed.

I believe the original Mad Max film had a line that summed it up perfectly.

Sadly, I can't find the original quote, so must have got a word or two
wrong, but it was along the lines of:

    "Speed's all a matter of how much you're prepared to pay".

(OK, in this case, resilience also, but Alan's point it well made about
either.)

M.