[ubuntu-uk] Video editing

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 09:08:34 BST 2007

I think Pinnacle really need to turn their attention to Linux. All the
gstreamer stuff with gnonlin means half their work is done for them.

I think the effort required on their part for the development would be
worth it by the amount of people willing to pay for a good video editor
on Linux.

Also now oems are preinstalling Linux they really need a nice editor.
All the old prejudices about 'how can you develop for 2 toolkits' and
'which distro do I develop for' just isn't a problem any more. Make it
monolithic like Google Earth / Picasa etc. or just open-source a small
part of the front end so people can write their own front-ends.