[ubuntu-uk] Video editing

andy andy at zrmt.com
Thu Sep 27 14:05:02 BST 2007

Michael,

I think it may soon be your lucky day.  Ubuntustudio is a new release of ubuntu which focuses on us 'creative' type.  Currently there are package sets for music (ubuntustudio-audio), graphic design (ubuntustudio-graphic) and even your chosen one, video (ubuntustudio-video).  It's not a completely new incarnation though, as you mention it contains packages such as Kino, Cinepaint, Stopmotion and the like, but the packagers are attempting to get it as stable as possible - which as you said has been the main drawback.

Check out ubuntustudio.org - you can download their CD (recommended for a fresh install) or add their repo and use that.

Hope you have fun.  I'm into the music personally, and really liking their efforts.

Regards,

Andy