[ubuntu-uk] Top Posting: a request.

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:21:05 BST 2007

You can send googlemail in plaintext if you want (it's under the
options, and it's how I'm sending this message).

However, you have to remember every time you reply to a thread to
strip out the little *quoted text* line that often appears under your
replies. The entire thread is actually sitting under that innocuous
little bit of text, but Google is smart enough to minimise it in the
web client for ease of reading. Unfortunately when you reply it
expands that *quoted text* line into the entire thread of the
message... and I'm guessing but probably only other gmail webclient
users are immune to this phenomenon...

Pete

--
'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997