[ubuntu-uk] Help buying a LCD TV

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 26 13:24:30 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 07:31 +0000, STONE COLD wrote:
> I want to buy a 32" LCD TV .
> my budget is £300.  ive got my eye on this
>
> http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=266100&CatId=958
>
> Is this any good? any alternatives?

Slightly over budget, but the LG 32LC2D is a good TV.  A year ago it was
>£1000 (infact is still £999 at Tesco Direct).  It can be found for ~
£450 now.

The black is good on this TV, it's not blackish-grey like many TV's in
this price bracket.

One thing I particularly like about this TV is it's support for RS-232.
This is good for a dedicated Media Centre TV - as you can send 'remote
control' codes - ie TV On/Off from the computer it is attached to.  This
means that you can set it up to automatically turn on when the computer
boots, and off when you shut it down.  Also use your Media remote for
controlling the TV.  I haven't used the official remote in the last
year.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker