[ubuntu-uk] [IMPORTANT NOTICE] - Ubuntu-UK Contact

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:17:22 BST 2007

> Glurk! I wasn't even aware that there had been a proposal to vote on
> Sunday 23?!! When was such a proposal announced? I certainly don't
> recall seeing any mention of it on the mailing list..

> Where was the proposed vote announced? I don't recall seeing mention of
> it on the list?

It was in the thread 'Position for Ubuntu-UK Contact' - Here's my
reply to the suggestion that the vote be held on IRC
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2007-September/007092.html

> Sure. But I do hope the Ubuntu community as a whole is not getting too
> carried away with the fluffy-ness and rightness of the (African) ubuntu
> concept to close its eyes to the possibility that sadly any community
> may still have some members who may be less honest or have lower
> standards of integrity than others, and that any community needs to have
> ways to overcome such problems, or at least to be aware of the
> possibility of them occurring.

Point taken, but we have two points in our favour.

1) Any sudden upsurge in registration of Ubuntu-UK members would
indicate that this was happening, so we'd have to look into this
further.

2) I don't think that the job of Ubuntu-UK LoCo contact is 'glamorous'
enough for want of a better word to attract an incredible amount of
corruption in the election process. I could of course be wrong ;-) but
I'd like to think that we're bright enough to see when we're being
blagged!

Cheers

Chris