[ubuntu-uk] [IMPORTANT NOTICE] - Ubuntu-UK Contact

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:51:13 BST 2007

As Nik Butler has announced that he is stepping down, the position of
LoCo contact will shortly become vacant. This of course means that
Ubuntu-UK needs a new contact.

Due to some ambiguity as to how we should vote for a new member,
tonights IRC meeting focused on establishing the fairest way to do so.
The process which follows is the result of that meeting, and it's been
designed to be as fair as possible. For this reason we would ask any
candidates to please stick to it. Late entries will not be accepted.

Candidates for the Loco contact position have until 23:59 on Wednesday
26th September 2007 to register an interest by adding their names to
the following page.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ubuntu-uk.org/PoC_candidates

Names will then be taken from the candidate page, and added to a
launchpad poll which will appear here:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-uk/+polls

The poll will be open for voting by Ubuntu-UK members registered with
the launchpad Ubuntu-UK team https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-uk from
0:00 Thursday 28th September 2007 until 21:00 Sunday 30th September
2007.

At or around the close of voting, the winning candidate will be
announced on the mailing list, forums and IRC.

NOTE: All times quoted are BST, not UTC.