[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Position for Ubuntu-Uk Contact

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 23:42:27 BST 2007

> David Morley wrote:
> > It pays no money you get little thanks but it is important.  If you
> > feel you could step into Nik's shoes and basically pass info from mail
> > onto the group then sign up now for this amazing position.
> >
> > Seriously People.  If you are a regular on the irc channel then now is
> > the time to step forward and make yourself known.  This job involves
> > getting info in form of emails etc and passing the info on to the
> > group (Ubuntu-Uk)  to be voted on and discussed.  You are basically
> > just a contact point for anyone and everyone.
> >
> > So Bravely step forward and volunteer for this most prominent role and
> > enjoy the adulation you receive.

Greetings David!

I've not been involved in the appointment of an individual to a
position within a loco group before, so I'm a little unsure about how
this works.

I wondered perhaps if it'd take the place of a poll where people could
register their interest, and where other members of the group could
then vote for their preference.

Personally, given my (short) experience of the individuals within the
team, I would like to register my own vote for Alan Pope as loco
contact. That is of course if Alan decides he'd like to do the job.

Should this be the preferred method of appointment, I'd quite happily
make a wiki page to allow members votes to be recorded.

Cheers

Chris