[ubuntu-uk] Orange Livebox (internet) with Ubuntu

Tom Bamford tom at entrepreneuria.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 14:31:09 BST 2007

Hello,

Having work with an Orange livebox for a client, I can say they are
terrible units with poor firmware and fault tolerance. The two I used
frequently dropped the ppp connection for no reason and gave mediocre
Wifi range and performance. The service itself didn't seem too bad, if
you are willing to buy your own router.

My personal recommendation would be www.f2s.com, but some people have
reservations about Pipex, who now owns them.

Regards,
Tom