[ubuntu-uk] Orange Livebox (internet) with Ubuntu

William Woodhead linuxdragon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:14:05 BST 2007

I have an Orange Livebox on my network. If you can get your wireless card
working on your desktop/laptop then it should connect to the Livebox no
problem. Of course the easiest thing to do is to use a wired connection but
that may not be possible. If you're going wireless make sure you enable
pairing mode (button 1 on the back) before you try to connect for the first
time. Also if you want to turn off the annoying flashing light press button
2 (on the back again) about 2 times.

> If you've already got a router I'd suggest sticking with that and eithre
> FlogIt! or Freecycle the freebie.

To my knowledge, the Livebox isn't a freebie, more a loaned item. Once you
terminate your contract afaik you are expected to return the Livebox to them
as it remains their property.