[ubuntu-uk] Orange Livebox (internet) with Ubuntu

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 14:25:07 BST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 11:23:21 Dianne Reuby wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm seriously thinking about changing my ISP, and a friend has
> recommended Orange, which he uses for his business. We're already Orange
> mobile customers, but as I'm new to Ubuntu I'm wondering if anyone
> already uses the Livebox with Ubuntu, and can give me any feedback.
>
> Or any other Ubuntu-friendly ISP suggestions!

I'm using Kubuntu 7.04 with Orange ISP, but not with their Livebox as I'd
already bought a wireless ADSL modem before they started 'giving' them away.

I have recently setup a mate's computer with Kubuntu and have managed to
wirelessly connect to an Orange Livebox though, but it wasn't easy. Spent
ages trying to get the two to connect before realising that we had to put the
Livebox in pairing mode first!!