[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam Loco contact for the coming Year

Nik Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Thu Sep 13 09:30:39 BST 2007

Good morning everyone.

I am announcing the need for me to step down and away from the UKTeam
loco contact and project due to the increasing popularity of my new
Social Media Networking brand. Since the Code of Conduct encourages a
responsible handing off of responsibilities and content I would suggest
we use the upcoming meeting on the 16th to dicuss this.

I had anticipated using the Ocotober Linux World Expo to hold a meeting
in public to chat about all this but its been cancelled and as such we
might as well make lemonade of the lemons and get on with it anyway .

I am not removing myself from Ubuntu or the UKTeam  I am however
removing myself from being available for actions and organising stuff
since a large proportion of my time is currently invested in Social
Networks. Ironically the upshot of this new ""new"" work is that more
people are asking about Open Source and talking about Ubuntu.

Areas requiring conversation are

    UK Team Loco contact
    Mail list management and administration
    IRC Op space available