[ubuntu-uk] Where to find good labour

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Fri Sep 7 13:54:19 BST 2007

Let me just firstly apologise to anyone who got offended by the
generalisation.
Although i do agree that the whole thing came out a bit bias, and a bit
prejudice... it wasn't my intention :)

Re: Matthew Larsens comments on business process:

I think you are correct in that companies (directors managers etc) are
looking for IT process. But IT departments are run by those people. The
heads of IT/IT Managers/IT Directors/CTOs (who are on 50k+) are
responsible for such business. The IT department, or the team itself
needs to be made up of geeks: sys admin,programmers,support etc. (< 50k)

Perhaps the problem comes in where too many people are aiming for the
large salary too early! But hey, who can blame them! I'd love a salary
like that!