[ubuntu-uk] Release Party for Gutsy?

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Tue Sep 4 22:31:18 BST 2007

Ciaran Mooney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to cast my vote for Birmingham.
>
> And I'd like to say having two will be a benefit rather than a
> problem. There seems to be enough people from the Midlands and the
> South regions to fill both events.
>
> Created a wiki page for those who want to have a look
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/GustyReleaseParty

I'd like to suggest, for the late-waking Londoners, the Pembury Tavern
in Hackney.

http://www.individualpubs.co.uk/pembury/

I know it's a bit out of the way, and I admit I've not been there since
it reopened, but it has wireless and runs linux. See the last issue of
Linux User and Developer for the full story, or this blog post:
http://erik-fuller.blogspot.com/2007/05/now-here-is-pub-that-isnt-going-to-be.html

John