[ubuntu-uk] Re-installs - How do exp users do it?

stephen stevepdrake at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:31:52 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 14:44 +0100, Eddie Armstrong wrote:
> stephen wrote:
> >  then just
> > copy them between machines rather that have to download a new
> Steve - how do you then install them - one at a time or by a script?

I let Synaptic/apt sort out the newly updated versions (apt-get
upgrade), which is the bulk of what I want. Then just add the rest
manually. I don't tend to deviate from the standard install
(ubuntu-desktop dependencies) list too much. So I haven't really felt
the need to try scripting. Though I can see how useful it would be to
get back to your original setup.