[ubuntu-uk] Broadband speeds and prices!

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 19:20:09 GMT 2007

> I think you'll find the existing router will work.  I've had a play with
> a BT Voyager router and it gives you the option of entering a different
> username and password, it certainly doesn't appear to be locked into BT
> Total Broadband.
Oh... one of my pet hates...
Actually many of BT Routers have locked firmware that only lets you
connect to BT services.
Fortunately their attempts at locking them properly have been pretty
poor, and most can now new reflashed to free them from BT. Google is
your friend. As an aside most of them run Linux... :)
I'm having an ongoing battle with a HomeHub, it can be reflashed an
freed from BT, but then the snazzy hub phones don't work... argh...

Lee.