[ubuntu-uk] IPv6 - are you using it?

Skeg Fast skegfast at monkeypc.com
Tue Oct 30 23:54:36 GMT 2007

<snip>

>> Actually, my toaster and oven have an IP address...

I can remember IP (v4) addys better than I can remember my own mobile
number (even though I've had the same phone number for 10 years - I
think the dots in the IP help :p) I can't see me remembering IPv6 addys
any time soon though, even for the toaster...

Does Windows support IPv6? As a regular Billy No-clue Windows user I've
not seen any trace of it in XP. Maybe that's why it's not caught on yet?
   And if that's the case then I can't see Microsoft going out of their
way to introduce it to the mainstream if it means that you could connect
to the interwebs using your non-MS toaster instead of buying a copy of
Windows. (Though I assume Vista supports it even if XP doesn't -
Microsoft must surely have included it as a 'just in case' feature)

All that said, I usually block the IPv6 module in Linux if it's enabled
because it's so bloody slow and uneeded at the moment. Plus I don't
understand it either ;)