[ubuntu-uk] IPv6 - are you using it?

Stephen Drake stevepdrake at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:43:12 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 21:24 +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been reading an article on the beeb about Vint Cerf
> ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7068140.stm ) stating that IPv6
> needs to be rolled out soon across major networks.
>
> Is anyone out there using it on their network, or has everyone stuck
> with the tried and tested IPv4?
>
> Just interested in what people think...
>
> Cheers,
>
> M.

I tried to connect to the BTexact TB a while back, but I couldn't get my
router to forward the udp packets correctly. I keep meaning to give it
another go though.
https://tb.ipv6.btexact.com/start.html

I understand there are a few ISPs that offer a native IPv6 connection
without the need for a tunnel. Does anyone use one of these? I want to
see the dancing turtle :(
http://www.kame.net/

Steve