[ubuntu-uk] Launchpad and the Slashdot effect

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 30 21:04:34 GMT 2007

Hi Alan,

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:34 -0400, Alan Pope wrote:
> Which has been all over planet ubuntu for about a week or so. Slashdot
> is quite behind on this topic.

Slashdot has a much wider audience, many of whom are anti-Linux, in fact
many who are anti-Ubuntu. My concern isn't the bug, in fact I've seen
all the links you gave. Actually I have even worked it out and blogged
about it in my case (http://blog.lynxworks.eu) in preparation for posts
appearing in the forums. I have to say that I don't think it's an issue,
as I'm inclined to be more concerned about start/stop cycles.

I understand the issue, I just wanted to draw attention to what could
possibly have much mileage made of it by those who seek to spread FUD.

Cheers,

Dougie