[ubuntu-uk] UbuCon UK Ideas

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Mon Oct 29 23:38:02 GMT 2007

** Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com> [2007-10-29 23:18]:
> > On the location, my feeling is that if you run it in London people in
> > the far north of the country may miss out because of the travelling
> > time, so somewhere in the middle, I think would be better.
>
> Agreed, Somewhere nice and central would be good. Birmingham seems
> pretty central to both north and south dwellers. Manchester is maybe a
> little more north (although not so far for me!)
** end quote [Chris Rowson]

I'm clearly far too much of a southerner here. I tend to find a that any
event north of London is as good as impossible to make. Then again I
detest visiting London on the whole. All that said, I do have other
factors that make anything that is more than a long day trip a challenge
to organise. LUG Radio Live I wanted to make, but couldn't organise, I
had organised the Linux Expo and then they went and postponed it the
rotten $*&s.

If I can get my camper van back on the road (fun logistics of getting it
to a garage without starting it) something with a camp site near by
would aid the accomodation situation! Even better, something with a
nice mooring near by would allow me to sail there ;) Cowes, IoW anyone?