[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Profile

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Oct 29 11:36:20 GMT 2007

> Without being a pain in the bottom.. I understand the whole Linux
> situation very clearly.. but at the end of the day if it doesn't work on
> Linux then consumers are going to blame Linux - not the manufacturers.

No, that's a misconception... nobody would buy an Apple Mac and then expect
every piece of windows hardware to work with it... why is this?  Why should
they go for Linux and expect anything different?

It's because Linux has traditionally been a "buy a windows machine and
install Linux on it" scenario rather than "buy Linux from the shop intact".
Once shops are selling pre-installed Linux they'll also, presumably, give
advice on which wireless cards to buy etc. etc...

We're getting there.  Let's not all dwell on historic negatives that don't
actually really exist to the same extent any more.

Sean