[ubuntu-uk] Compiz ?

Skeg Fast skegfast at monkeypc.com
Mon Oct 29 09:28:25 GMT 2007

Ted wrote:
> Tony Arnold wrote:
>> Ted,
>>
>> Ted wrote:

>>> Thanks for the reply..I am using the restricted driver, same one I am
>>> using in Sidux...
>>>
>> The only other thing I would try is to run
>>
>> 	dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
>>
>> and see if that makes any difference.
>>
>> If not, I have no idea!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tony.
>>
> Thanks for the reply Tony...
>    Tried reconfigure and still get the same result...Just checked my
> Sidux install and packages
> installed are covered in Gutsy ..Only difference is Sidux is based on
> debian sid ....
> Cannot understand why I cannot get it going in Ubi as I have tried
> Mepis, Pclinuxos and Slackware
> on my other box and all run compiz ok...

How did you install Compiz? AFAIK (I use Kubuntu) Compiz by default on
Ubuntu doesn't use Emerald or XGL so I'm guessing you set it up
manually? If so then try looking on the Compiz forums
http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/ There's a lot of threads on there that
deal with running Compiz with Emerald and the nvidia driver using XGL on
Ubuntu.