[ubuntu-uk] Compiz ?

Ted ted at trufflesdad.plus.com
Mon Oct 29 09:06:34 GMT 2007

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Ted,
>
> Ted wrote:
>
>> Tony Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Ted,

>>> Which nvidia driver are you using? I think you need the restricted
>>> binary only one for Compiz to work.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tony.
>>>

>> Thanks for the reply..I am using the restricted driver, same one I am
>> using in Sidux...
>>

> The only other thing I would try is to run
>
> 	dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
>
> and see if that makes any difference.
>
> If not, I have no idea!
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

Thanks for the reply Tony...
   Tried reconfigure and still get the same result...Just checked my
Sidux install and packages
installed are covered in Gutsy ..Only difference is Sidux is based on
debian sid ....
Cannot understand why I cannot get it going in Ubi as I have tried
Mepis, Pclinuxos and Slackware
on my other box and all run compiz ok...

--
Regards
  Ted Wager G3TPI