[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu TV Advert

Matthew Larsen mat.larsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:13:25 GMT 2007

Hey-ho

I think a TV Advert is a great idea, but it is an extremely expensive
outing! I would imagine it would cost upwards of £100k to get an
advert on the regular 5 for a decent period of time. That's not
including costs of other things such as the production of it,
supporting elements such as a special website dedicated for those
coming from the advert and possibly a huge marketing effort unifying
all the branding (which is worth doing before some sort of TV
campaign).

That said, if someone is willing to get the ball rolling I am happy to
put some resources into it (I am part of my company's film society and
i'm pretty nifty with video tools).

On aside it might be worth going down the firefox route and having an
open competition to make an advert, or we could possibly get a
full-page ad in one of the papers like the Guardian or Times say?

Regards,