[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 26 22:06:28 BST 2007

Matt

Honestly, I don't think your utopia will happen anywhere outside of large
metropolises - with the advent of local loop unbundling and WLR 3.

It's now more cost effective as a Telco to get BT to install your line and
then badge it as your own as the infrastructure cost in getting service out
to your subsrivers is, well, phenomonal.  This is why BT as was has been
broken up into seperate trading units and n'er the twain shall meet without
undue punishment.

Of course, if you're lucky enough to live in a cabled area, you can jump
onto that bandwagon and enjoy those delights.

PS  This may be slightly biased as I'm employed by a BT subsidary.