[ubuntu-uk] Interesting BBC Poll Choices

andylockran andy at zrmt.com
Fri Oct 26 14:09:59 BST 2007

Martyn wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/default.stm

>> Will you be buying Leopard?
>>   > Yes - I need new spots!
>>   > No - Tiger for me!
>>   > I'm a Windows user!
>>
>> Vote!
>>

>> --
>> Matthew G Larsen
>>   > mat.larsen at gmail.com
>>   > matthew.larsen at logicacmg.com
>>

> The options have changed a bit now:
>
> Yes - I need new spots                 @18.26%
> No - I'm happy with Tiger               @ 5.61%
> No - Linux is my OS of choice       @ 11.62%
> No - I'm a Windows user               @ 64.49%

I find it strange that the percentages seem to change so little after
another 3000 votes.. I wouldn't have thought that there was such a clear
relationship between the first 2000 voters on the site, and the next
3000.  Expecially as the Windows & Mac users were given a head start.
The linux figure popped up at ~11% when I first noticed it was added -
and no figures have changed by more than 1% since (according to my very
casual observation).
Are the BBC fixing the figures to justify the iPlayer?

:)