[ubuntu-uk] What mail client do people use.

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 14:05:26 BST 2007

Dave,

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 13:01 +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> I used to hate using Evolution but since I last used it to the release
> in Gutsy things have improved greatly.  The whole experience is a
> pleasure.

I used Evolution when I first started using Ubuntu with Warty but then
got frustrated with its poor IMAP support at the time so moved to
Thunderbird.

I'm currently back using Evolution. Mainly because of its search folders
and that it automatically provides a search folder of everything that
does not match any of the others.

On the other hand, Thunderbird has a feature for detaching attachments
and saving them locally which when you have a limited mail quota is
extremely useful.

Evolution also integrates well with Nautilus so you can right click on a
file and e-mail it to someone.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold