[ubuntu-uk] [Ubuntu-UK] Article on theregister.co.uk regarding gutsy

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:33:02 BST 2007

Well I wouldn't suggest OpenDNS - for one thing how can something that
has to go more hops than using your ISP's DNS be faster? I've also
found that with OpenDNS selected, I can no longer reach the Ubuntu
package repos for one thing.... nice  :\

Pete

On 24/10/2007, Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just found this article on Gutsy referring to network problems during
> > install and usage:
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/24/ubuntu_gutsy_gibbon_ipv6/
> >
> > Anyone had any problems?
> >

> Intermittently I've found DNS to be a PITA for Ubuntu on a few
> different releases. I've heard various ideas bantered about, IPv6,
> changing your DNS to opendns instead of ISP, giving your PC static IP
> and DNS..... The list goes on.
>
> It doesn't look to have been fixed properly then.
>
> Chris

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997