[ubuntu-uk] Gutsy install bug

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Oct 24 21:52:27 BST 2007

Paul Tansom wrote:
> OK, before I report this as a bug, which I'm reasonably confident it is,
> I'd like to get some more information to go with the report, maybe even
> a fix.
>
> The background is that I have installed from the Ubuntu Gutsy alternate
> install CD (I've never had a successful install from the live CD, and am
[...]
Have you double checked the md5sum of the CD etc?

I say this because I have found to my great surprise, that more than
one iso which I downloaded asap after release apparently gives a wrong
md5sum. I initially found this with xubuntu alternate I think. It
seemed to install ok, but I did have some problems. And later also
with edubuntu server. With edubuntu server I have downloaded several
times, from different mirrors, and also torrent. I have found a couple
of downloads which seem correct (one is canonical). However I have not
had time to follow up yet.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391