[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Kirrus kirrus at kirrus.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 15:07:54 BST 2007

----- "Mark Fraser" <kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 21:55:29 Jai Harrison wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> > We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> > Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> > whether it is ADSL or cable.
>
> I'm with Orange and don't have that many problems with them, but then
> haven't had to call them for a while now. I have noticed that I can't
> access
> some sites if I connect through certain servers.

We're on plusnet. Very few problems, once we've got our lines up, and their support guys don't seem to be mortally afraid of Linux, which is nice...

We get a line glitch and bad ping times now and then. That and we had to shout at them till they put port 1194 into "gold" status (they use stuff to crunch p2p traffic during the working day...)

Kirrus

--
Blog: www.kirrus.co.uk

RPGs: