[ubuntu-uk] Difference between Admin and Root?

Dougie Richardson ddrichardson at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 24 13:11:40 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 14:59 +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:

> My understanding is that the name 'Linux' really refers only to the
> kernel as originally developed by Linus Torvalds. So if a machine is not
> running that kernel, it should not be called Linux!

According to the wav file that was distributed with Patrick Volkerding's
1995 book - Linux Configuration and Installation, Linux is "Linus'
Unix". Strange seeing as how he pronounces this in the wav file yet in
interviews I've read in recent year he talks of it being a version of
Minix.

£0.02 useless information, there you go.

Dougie Richardson