[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Keith Cleaver keithcleaver at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:47:25 BST 2007

Jai Harrison wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> whether it is ADSL or cable.
>
> Jai

I'm with Virgin Media on cable, but I wouldn't be with them if I had a
choice, their customer service people are awful!

I was trying to set up a relatives new laptop once, and for some reason
the internet wasn't connecting. It took me (and my relative) three days
(and many phone calls) before they would finally admit it was their
problem, and not ours.

Still, I downloaded Ubuntu 6.06 from their servers, so at least they're
good for one thing! ;)

Keith
keithcleaver at googlemail.com