[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Tue Oct 23 23:55:54 BST 2007

Martin Peeks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jai Harrison wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
>> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
>> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
>> whether it is ADSL or cable.
>>
>> Jai
>>

> ADSL24 has been excellent for me - but I think nearly anyone would find
> themselves happy with any Entanet reseller.
>
> Martin

I use UKFSN (www.ukfsn.org) who are an entanet reseller. All that free
software goodness (they're currently sponsoring an Ubuntu student
coder), great support upstream from Entanet, and no complaints. The only
problem I've had was due to BT, who made a bloody mess of things, but
eventually (because every time they fixed one problem, made a mess of
someone elses phone line)n got things working.

HTH

John