[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 23 23:05:49 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 21:55 +0100, Jai Harrison wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> whether it is ADSL or cable.
>
> Jai

For my use, cable - Virgin Media is the best solution.  This is because
I can get a "XL-20Mb" connection for <£20 p/m and I am not tied to also
requiring a phone line.  However, on the odd occasion I have required
support, the telephone assistance stinks - but they are more willing to
send out an engineer than many ADSL suppliers.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker