[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Tue Oct 23 22:26:45 BST 2007

Jai Harrison said the following on 23/10/07 21:55:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> whether it is ADSL or cable.
>
> Jai

Hi

I think Zen are the best ISP I have dealt with - they may be a little
more expensive than the others, but they have good customer service (on
the few occasions I have had to deal with them), and the connection
seems to be reliable. Also, 8 free public IPs is a good thing :D

In the past 3 years I have deal with
Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange/Whatever-they-are-now, Nildram, Zen and Be. Zen
has been the best by far, Nildram and Be are joint second (Be isn't
great, but the speed is), and Orange comes in last due to a poor
connection, which used to be much better when it was freeserve.

Chris Oattes.