[ubuntu-uk] Tesco are advertising an Ubuntu machine on their web site

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 23 14:02:54 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 13:19 +0100, Kirrus wrote:

> > I've dugg it @
> > http://digg.com/linux_unix/Tesco_Direct_sells_machines_with_Linux
> >

> Already been done, and got popular:
>
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Tesco_Every_little_helps
> :)
<SNIP>

My blog has logged some 8,295 visitors to that page.  The majority of
these coming from digg (large segment from digg frontpage \o/).
Incidentally, I didn't submit it to digg - but I'm sure my hosting
provider appreciates the extra load ;)

However, I should also note that these stats do not include people who
viewed the posting on the planets it aggregates to - so I suspect it's
significantly more.

I'd really like to see some figures on how many extra Ubuntu PC's Tesco
has sold since John Levin discovered this.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker