[ubuntu-uk] A Call to arms to spend 5 mins helping out with ubuntu support :)

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:49:55 BST 2007

> Hi,
> some of you might not be aware of the Ubuntu 'answer support tracker',
> its essentially a place where you can go to post a question or 'support
> ticket' about Ubuntu and helpful people (such as myself -_-) will answer
> them. Its basically just a nice way of answering support without using
> mediums not designed for support (IRC/forums/whatever).
> With the release of gutsy the amount of support requests is overwhelming
> and a *lot* of them are going completely unanswered so I thought I would
> come here to ask if you nice people would consider taking 5 mins out of
> your day (great to do it just before lunch or whatever ;)) to just check
> the list of support requests and seeing if there is anything on there
> you could help out with, all it requires is a launchpad account.
>
> the list of the most recent support requests can be found at
> http://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu

I'll hop in there, I haven't answered any for a while. Funnily enough
though I seem to have had quite a few support requests for Gutsy all
over the place, from forums that don't have anything to do with Linux
that I'm involved in, to a random bloke at work, to my local LUG
mailing list.

Looks like Gutsy has been quite well recieved :-D

Chris