[ubuntu-uk] Any recommendations for graphics cards?

Matthew Larsen mat.larsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:41:45 BST 2007

Currently the best money / performance ratios go to either the GeForce
8600GTS 320mb or the Radeon X1950XT. Both will perform well with UT3
running at 1280 at max settings. I myself plan on investing in an
8600GTS very soon :o)

Hope that helps, check out www.custompc.com for some good reviews

Regards,

On 22/10/2007, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/10/2007, Peter Lewis <prlewis at letterboxes.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm sorry, I don't generally like to ask for hardware recommendation on these
> > lists, but I'm a little confused about the compatibility and software options
> > of the current lot of graphics cards, and figured that you guys might have
> > some more up-to-date knowledge of this than me.
> >

> To cut right to the chase, I'm a big fan of the Nvidia GeForce cards.
> The Linux drivers are good  (presumably miles better than the ATI
> offerings - never had an ATI card for abour 10 years now) and they
> have a proven history in Windows for your games.
>
> How much do you want to spend - that will determine how much bang you
> get for yuor games?
>
> --
> Steve
> When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people
> suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.
>
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Matthew G Larsen