[ubuntu-uk] Any recommendations for graphics cards?

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:28:06 BST 2007

On 20/10/2007, Peter Lewis <prlewis at letterboxes.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sorry, I don't generally like to ask for hardware recommendation on these
> lists, but I'm a little confused about the compatibility and software options
> of the current lot of graphics cards, and figured that you guys might have
> some more up-to-date knowledge of this than me.

To cut right to the chase, I'm a big fan of the Nvidia GeForce cards.
The Linux drivers are good  (presumably miles better than the ATI
offerings - never had an ATI card for abour 10 years now) and they
have a proven history in Windows for your games.

How much do you want to spend - that will determine how much bang you
get for yuor games?

--
Steve
When 1 person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0