[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu via Tescos

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 18:57:02 BST 2007

Chris Rowson wrote:
>>> setup Open Office to read/write Microsoft document format as standard.
>>> That way I reckon quite a few people would just continue using Linux
>>> without noticing much of a change.
>>>
>> Thats possible?
>>
>> Ahh, didn't know you could do that in OOo. :-)
>>

> Sure,
>
> Open writer for instance, go to Tool > Options
>
> On the left of that screen, select Load Save > General
>
> In that window you can now select the default file format to save as.
> Simply asscociate text document with word 97 2000 XP for example, then
>  do the same with the other file formats.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Ahh that'll be handy for my dad.  He's recently switched to Ubuntu on
his laptop (due to not having restore CDs for his laptop to hand), he
found out that OOo saves in Open Document format by default.  As much as
I'd like him to use open formats, this might be a good idea to keep the
amount of 'support' phone calls down to a minimum.

Rob