[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu via Tescos

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:11:11 BST 2007

> others will no doubt try and get a 'computer
> expert' friend to install XP.  I bet there's a fair few people out there
> though would just see it as a cheap computer.
>
> Rob

You're probably right there :-)

I will say though, that a few people who's computer's I've sorted out,
wouldn't know what a 'Windows XP' was, and would probably just use
whatever they where given. I think if I sold cheapy PCs like this, I'd
setup Open Office to read/write Microsoft document format as standard.
That way I reckon quite a few people would just continue using Linux
without noticing much of a change.

Cheers

Chris