[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu via Tescos

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 16:03:41 BST 2007

Keith Cleaver wrote:

> OK, thanks for clearing that up.
>
> It's a good move, but:
>
> 1) How many people buy a PC from Tesco in the first place?

You'd be surprised.  At them prices I guess they will be picked up by
folks who want a cheapo PC for the kids room (maybe to replace an older
PC).  Not sure how much Tescos charge for a monitor, but I'd say for no
more than about £250 they could get a working system.

> 2) Won't the Linux branding scare off a few people, especially if it's
> something they haven't heard of before (which is likely)?

Might scare off some, others will no doubt try and get a 'computer
expert' friend to install XP.  I bet there's a fair few people out there
though would just see it as a cheap computer.

Rob