[ubuntu-uk] Wifi PCMCIA card - suggestions, please.

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:16:56 BST 2007

I want to install Gutsy on an old Dell Inspiron.  I'd be very glad of
suggestions for an 802.11g PCMCIA card that

#  can do WPA encryption

#  you actually have seen working out of the box with Gutsy (!)

#  I can buy currently from a UK vendor.

Please forgive the paranoia, but I have awful memories of the last time
I set up a similar Dell Inspiron using a Linksys (Broadcom) card with
Dapper.  It was literally a fortnight of exasperation, and I don't have
the emotionally energy to go through that again!

So, names and model numbers of cards that are in the shops and actually
do work would be very welcome :-)

TIA

Mac